What is galvanized pipe?
Galvanized pipe is one of the most used pipes in the industry. This type of pipe is made of metals that are vulnerable to corrosion. For this reason, at the time of production, a coating of another metal is placed on them, which is resistant to corrosion. In fact, with this coating, the metal pipe is protected against corrosion, which is done through galvanization. For this reason, this tool is called galvanized pipes.
Therefore, it can be said that it is a steel pipe whose surface is covered with a metal layer, which is generally zinc and iron, to be resistant to corrosion. Increasing the resistance of this pipe model against corrosion and minerals increases its lifespan. These features made this pipe to be used as the most common water transfer pipe. Galvanized pipes are divided into two categories, galvanized steel and iron, based on the material.
Galvanized iron pipe
One of the most interesting features of this tube is its color recognition. The color of this tool is gray and dark and usually buyers identify and buy it through its color. This pipe is produced from white rolled iron and includes two types of light and medium. Another feature of this pipe model is its seams, which are connected through welding machines. For this reason, this pipe model is called spiral tubes.
Galvanized steel pipe
This type of pipe, which is more common in Iran, is produced from mild steel. In this way, first it is passed through the mold and with pressure, and then it is placed in the zinc plating bath, or galvanized, to increase its resistance against metal corrosion factors. This pipe is also seamed like the iron pipe. with the difference that it is more shiny and lighter than the iron type. Of course, the resistance of this pipe against acids is lower than iron pipe.
Features of these pipes
Considering that this pipe is made of both steel and metal, it is considered the best option for transporting water, chemicals and waste. This pipe has unique features that include:
- If this tool is rolled from hot sheets and produced by welding the seams, a spiral seamed pipe is produced.
- The length of these pipes is usually 6 meters and their diameter is between 1 and 8 inches.
- The primary material for the production of these pipes in iran is white rolled iron or soft steel.
- The resistance of this tool is less compared to the iron model.
- Due to the galvanization operation, it has a high resistance to corrosion factors and therefore its life is longer compared to other similar models. Usually, the useful life of this pipe is estimated to be 50 years.
- Integrated structure is one of the other features of galvanized pipe that increases its strength and impact resistance.
- At the beginning and before installation, the color of this pipe model is shiny. But after a while, it gets dull and worn out.
- The possibility of recycling and using this type of pipe again is one of the most important features of this tool, which is seen in less tubular ones. This tool can be produced in thermal furnaces, melting and new products from it.
Applications of this type of pipe
According to the above, we found that the best pipes for water and gas transmission are metal and steel models. Since galvanized pipes are produced from steel sheets with a metal top, they are usually used to transfer fluids such as gas and water as well as heat. Due to this issue, this type of pipe is used in various industries and has various applications, which include:
- as water transfer pipe and water supply for construction industry
- In the field of irrigation systems
- Ventilation systems
In general, these pipes are divided into different types based on consumption, such as water pipes, electricity pipes, water wells, greenhouses, fences, greenhouse structures, carpet cleaners, fences, and fence bases.
Types based on production methodThese tools are also classified based on the manufacturing method, which includes hot and cold types:
- Cold galvanized:The method of making this type of pipe is such that it makes their surface shiny. Also, this tool has surface coating. so that if it gets a deep scratch, the underlying layers will be oxidized. Therefore, its resistance and strength are less compared to other models. The resistance of this type of pipe is so low that by dragging a metal object on its surface, it gets scratched and hit. These features made this method of galvanizing to be used in automotive, parts making, bolt and nut industries, and health industries.
- Hot galvanized: The method of making this tool has caused its resistance to be much higher compared to the cold type. so that its useful life is between 25 and 30 years. Among the other features of this product, we can mention the dull gray color, smooth and uniform surface, and galvanized thickness of 40 to 120 microns. Due to these characteristics, this manufacturing method is used in iron pipes, which are usually used in open and external environments. Among the applications of this method are telecommunication towers, high voltage power towers, power poles and Road Guardrail pointed out.
in the article Comparison of hot and cold galvanized pipe These two construction methods have been fully investigated.
The price of galvanized pipes
The price of this tool varies according to the material, manufacturing method and type of application. In addition, factors such as weight, square footage, internal diameter size and thickness also affect the price of this product. Another feature of this product is that it is divided into 3 types of light, medium and heavy based on weight. Therefore, in addition to the material and size of the inner diameter, the weight also affects the final price of this product. In general, the types of factors affecting the price of this tool are:
|Inner diameter size
|The weight of each branch is 6 meters
|60×60 inch box
|70×70 inch box
|70×70 inch box
|60×60 inch box
|60×60 inch box
|60×60 inch box
Why should you cooperate with us?
- More than 30 years of experience
- Nominal capacity of 250 thousand tons
- Using the best steel alloy with API-X80 grade
- Continuous expansion and presence in domestic and foreign markets
- Product quality test statistics at the highest possible level
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a type of steel and metal pipe that is resistant to all kinds of corrosion factors due to the galvanization operation on it, and for this reason, it has a long life..
These pipes are divided based on various factors such as material and manufacturing method. In this way, the types of galvanized pipes include iron and steel types based on the material, and hot and cold types based on the manufacturing method.
The price of this tool varies according to the material, manufacturing method and type of application. In addition, factors such as weight, square footage, internal diameter size and thickness also affect the price of this product.